Thursday, March 11, 2010

True Confessions

This past weekend I spent two lovely days in the mountains of Colorado, without my children, at a women’s retreat. However, before I tell you about the amazing women, the great worship, the terrific speaker I want to get a few things off my chest.

  1. I spend too much time on my computer. I check my email too often, surf the web, browse through Facebook and generally waste time on my laptop.
  2. I don’t like gardening. I love pretty flowers, love the idea of gardening but quite simply don’t like the time that it takes to make a garden happen.
  3. There are a lot of vegetables and other healthy foods that I just do not enjoy. This is a problem because I live in Colorado where EVERYONE eats healthy. I even make my kids eat some of it because I know it’s healthy, but honestly, I think I’d rather have a twinkie!
  4. I love my children but I do not love pretending to be someone in Hannah Montana’s audience, nor do I love pretending to be some clone from Star Wars. Let them bring me stories to read all day…that’s my idea of heaven!
  5. I don’t like cleaning. I don’t like picking up, filing things away, scrubbing toilets, mopping floors or really, anything else that is involved in making my house presentable.

Well, I could go on but you might be here all day. My weekend away was all about being messy, and how letting others see our messiness is what brings about genuine relationships. God isn’t disgusted by our messiness, so why are we? So I’ve decided to share some of my messiness. Rest assured I’m working on it. I do clean my house from time to time…and I do grow flowers. But I’m okay with being me. So now, I think I’ll go have a twinkie :)

P.S. In the spirit of messiness I've changed my header to include a photo of my messy kids, because I love them just as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment